NEW CULINARY CONTEST THIS YEAR
FRESH HANDMADE SALSA CONTEST
Have the best family recipe for salsa? Want to earn bragging rights and a cash prize for the best homemade salsa in the Valley?
Then enter today – two categories
MILD SALSA AND HOT SALSA
CASH AWARDS in each category! 1st Place $50 ~ 2nd Place $35 ~ 3rd Place $20
Tell a family member or friend to enter the contest for extra fun in the competition.
When: Saturday, September 24, 2022. Deliver salsa by 1:00 PM to the Farm to Fork Culinary and Demonstration Stage
Where: Central Washington State Fair - Modern Living Building
How: Complete entry form(s) and submit with $10 fee per entry before noon on 9/23. The day of the contest, 9/24 stop by the State Fair Park will-call window to pick up your admission ticket and then deliver one pint of salsa per entry to the Modern Living Building by 1:00 PM.
1) Open to adults 18 years and older. Children may participate when the exhibitor is a parent or legal guardian.
2) Exhibitor may enter one (1) entry in each category. An entry in multiple categories is allowed. Submit one form and $10 per entry. Entry forms must be received on or before noon on September 23, 2022.
Category A - MILD SALSA Category B - HOT SALSA
4) Each recipe should include at least one locally grown ingredient and must be prepared fresh by the exhibitor prior to submission. Due to space limitations, preparation on site is not available.
5) Each entry should consist of one (1) Pint for judging. Entries should be submitted in a pint-size container with a lid, such as a Mason jar. Container must be marked clearly by category – Mild or Hot. Container and its contents will not be returned to the exhibitor.
6) Deliver product and recipe to the Farm to Fork Stage in Modern Living Building between 12:00-1:00 PM on Saturday, September 24, 2022.
7) All entries must include the recipe typed or legibly printed in black ink. Recipes may be published via the State Fair Park website at www.fairfun.com, print or social media, newspaper, or cookbook. You may include one “secret ingredient” (such as an heirloom variety or spice blend) for publication. However, due to dietary restrictions, please list all ingredients on your recipe for tasting purposes. Remember to note your locally grown ingredient and its source.
8) Judging will be done by panel using the following criteria:
A) Appearance B) Consistency C) Ingredients/Sourcing D) Flavor
9) First, Second, and Third Place winners will be selected in each category.
10) Winners will be announced on the Farm to Fork Stage after judging is completed at 3:00 PM.
If you have any questions, please call 509-949-4844 or send an email to email@example.com.