An exciting opportunity to join the Central Washington Fair Association team in Yakima and be part of creating memories. Central Washington Fair Association is a non-profit that operates State Fair Park, owned by the County of Yakima. About:
State Fair Park, home of the Central Washington State Fair, Yakima SunDome and Yakima County Baseball Stadium. This 125-acre campus is the largest multi-purpose venue in Central Washington, hosting over 200 events annually. The annual 10-day Fair has been in existence for over 128 years celebrating the heritage of the Yakima Valley.Summary:
Responsible for grounds maintenance, beautification, landscaping, weed control, irrigating and irrigation system repairs/maintenance. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lawn mowing and edging each week or as scheduled by your direct supervisor.
- State Fair Park beautification and/or landscaping by planting or removing shrubs, flowers, trees, etc., as approved by your direct supervisor.
- Snow plowing, hand shoveling and spreading ice melt as needed for weather conditions.
- Weed control by pulling and spraying as needed.
- Litter pick-up as needed to keep entire grounds litter free.
- Shrub & tree pruning/trimming and/or shaping as needed.
- Able to operate equipment, vehicles, tractors, lawn mowers and utility vehicles.
- Able to use gardening tools.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license required.
High School education or equivalent preferred. At least one year of grounds keeping or landscape maintenance with irrigation responsibilities required. Competencies:
- Ability to adopt customer service practices while working.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Able to take direction.
- Ability to work outside the normal business day/week if needed for events and programs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, talk and hear. The employee may be required to stand on their feet for long periods of time and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This is a full-time hourly position. Wage DOE plus medical and dental benefits, 401k plan. This position will report directly to the Operations Manager.To apply, please submit your resume or application to CWSF 1301 South Fair Avenue, Yakima, WA 98901 or email to Erin Baldoz, firstname.lastname@example.org with “Groundskeeper” in the subject line.